Depending on what website you google or magazine article you read, you will see that most people do not keep their new year’s resolutions. 73% of people give up on their new year’s resolutions before the end of January.
Maybe that is why I, along with so many other people, stop making new year’s resolutions. Rather, each year, I make new year goals. Goals of things that I want to accomplish for the year but that wont runi anything if they don’t get accomplish. Goals of things that I want to do more of or things that I want to stop doing. And I have realized something in the last year, if you share your goals with others and the universe, chances are that the goals are easier to accomplish because you have support from friends and others to hold you accountable.
So friends and universe, here are my 2015 Goals (in no particular order):
Goal 1: Engage in once a montly activities with my daughter (Mom and Daughter dates):
- Go on a monthly ‘date’ with my daughter that doesn’t involve a hoilday, birthday or school activity
- Develop a shared hobby?
- Explore different interests
- Enjoy our time together before college
Goal 2: Develop a overall healthier lifestyle
- workout at least 4 days a week
- take a spin class
- eat better and more often
- cut out all soda – goodbye dear Moutain Dew Friend
- do one activity that is active and outdoor at least twice a month
- drink more water
- enter a few races
Goal 3: Travel more
- explore local areas in more detail
- travel out of state
- travel out of country
- take 1 adult only trip with friends (couples or other friends) or a significant other
- take a girls only trip
- take more trips with my daughter
- take my daughter and her friends on a fun girls trip
Goal 4: Learn how to swing Dance
- take swing dance lessons
- relearn country line dances
- put the dances in action at local country dancing holes
Goal 5: Enrich, develop and invest in female friendships
- Enrich my current friendships with female friends
- Develop new friendships
- Invest in more female friendship activies; painting nights, races, shopping, volunteer opportunities, wine tasting, double dates (if I ever have a man – ha- maybe that should be a goal), dance lessons, game nights, and more.
What are you goals? Thoughts on my goals? Anyone like to step up and hold me accountable?